Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh...The Good 'Ol Days of Illness...

Let me say this for starters. 
For some reason, peppermint comforts me. I like the sweet and bitingly cool and refreshing flavor and scent of it. It comforts, soothes, and relaxes me.
This past two weeks have been filled with days and nights of fevers, emesis buckets, Kleenex, baths, showers for croup then followed by 5 minutes in my bathrobe outside in -5 degree temps to help 'shock' the bronchial tubes, dripping noses, pink eye, headaches, bleach, crying miserable kids, and diarrhea.
Did I leave anything out??
For some reason, my family likes to take illness in children to the heights that only a death-defying ride at Six Flags can provide. We don't just get one illness, we get them all at the same time in some wild round robin fashion where varying viral illnesses and bacteria jockey for their rightful place as emperor for a day...before moving on to the next unsuspecting tot. Then we will exchange that virus for this bacteria between siblings so at least everyone has one...dare I say three illnesses at the same time. I mean...we are teaching them to share.
Sigh...
So, is it any wonder that this drooling sleep-deprived dishrag of a woman is sitting here with Peppermint spritz body perfume sprayed on, drinking peppermint tea, and eating candy canes and peppermint Hershey Kisses?
Not to this girl, folks.
I'm just trying to hold on to sanity...and a box of Kleenex. 

No comments: