Monday, June 15, 2009

The Easter Bunny WAS HERE!

We definitely teach that the real meaning of Easter is the day Our Savior rose from the dead, but we also weave a tale of the Easter Bunny joyfully making spring 'presents' to hide as gifts for us to help celebrate that most wonderful day with us.
So, yesterday the kids were playing in the yard by the sand box. I know we have about a hundred bunnies living around our neighborhood and I noticed a new hole that was created by a rabbit to cool himself in the warm temperatures.
I looked at Nick and Noah and asked them to fill the hole with some of their sand.
Nicky looked over at me...crestfallen.
"But, Mom, we can't do that."
"Why?" I asked. "Did you make that hole?"
"No." He replied, looking troubled. "The Easter Bunny did."
I was trying not to smile. "Why would the Easter Bunny be here in June?"
Nicky, looked over at me and made a frustrated face (That little child face that clearly states that parents do not see what is right before their eyes) and stated, "He has to make them to put the eggs in them, Mom."
So, alas, this tale ends with a cute hole remaining by the sandbox waiting for eggs.

No comments: