Monday, June 1, 2009

Silly Lilly

This past weekend, we visited the farm. On Sunday morning, we gathered in the kitchen and Kim picked up our little Katie to hold. Lilly, their dog, had to go potty, so Kim took her out without a leash. "She'll be okay." As she went through the door, my dad calls out, "You want to get the paper while you're out there?" 
I feel like Kim has enough in her hands, so I join her and take Katie and go to get the paper. Mam and Pap's dog, Lady, follow me down the drive toward the paper box. Lilly, a tiny Shiz Tsu, has no fear of Lady (a much larger dog) and comes running behind and jumping at Lady's face. Kim, afraid that Lady will tire of this treatment and bite thus Lilly's head off begins calling Lilly, to no avail.
Lilly, continuing to snap at Lady, receives her first 'snap' back from Lady. Kim, now sensing danger, gives up the calling of non-responding Lilly and goes for a broom.....for what, I am still not sure, but I think it was the first thing she could find. 
Lilly, is now tearing large circle eights and avoiding Kim at all costs. I am concerned that Lilly will end up in the road (where vehicles barrel down at around 60 miles per hour) and become puppy powder. I stopped half-way down the drive and keep Lady with me while Kim continues to attempt to catch Lilly.
"Just jump on her!" I yell. I have little experience with dogs, but Lady seems content to stand by me and watch Lilly. Poor Kim. Then unwise Lilly comes back to Lady and jumps at her face again.
Poor Kim sees this situation and simply states, "O.M.G."
I am now holding Katie and keeping Lady still to avoid adding anything to this scenario. Kim is now calling for assistance from my brother, Mike. I look at the house and see many observers in the windows, but no one seems to want to come and join the fray of: two women, two dogs, a baby, and a broom.
Finally, with the help of a bratwurst for Lady, Lilly is secured and placed in time-out, the paper is retrieved and delivered to said Pappaw, and two women in their pajamas screaming wildly while waving babies and brooms got their cups of coffee.
The End.  

No comments: