Friday, June 6, 2008

In the beginning...Part Two

There is that moment when that special someone I was dating turned to me and asked me that special question. No. Not the “on one knee” question. I meant the other question.
“How many children do you want?” he asks.
That is the moment that the sky opened and I felt as if I could hear some choir of angels singing and knew that something very important and critical was going to happen in my life to change it forever. I then verbalized something that I had never thought of saying until that moment. To make things more interesting, it felt as if someone else was speaking for me, because I heard these words come from my mouth.
“As many as God wants.”
Wait.
Who said that?
It was me!
Wow! That was deep.
I looked at the surprised and slight eye-widening expression of my then-boyfriend, now husband, and knew that things were going to be different from that point on.
And they were.
And the wedding bells rang.
We had discussed starting our family right away and so it came to be. One month and two weeks after walking down the aisle to become man and wife, I sat on the commode and stared at the two lines and felt light-headed with multiple emotions. Fear, excitement, and the wonder of creation all swirled within me and I could not wait to tell my best friend and love the wonderful news.
And shortly after that realization came time for the ultimate initiation into early parenthood.
Morning sickness.

No comments: